Sunday, April 27, 2008

New idea for Vessels...again

I have been working very hard on new designs for my wearable collage Vessels for quite some time now. They are slowly evolving into what I imagined them to be in the first place. I find this very exciting. Looking at these tiny antique dolls, I am thinking how wonderful it would be to make something on this line out of clay (but even smaller) to incorporate into the Vessel pieces. I could make beads that would be used on the chain that they Vessels hang from or with a great deal of modification I could make doll part Vessels. Just looking at these tiny dolls give me so many ideas! Now, making the original clay pieces, molds, pouring parts, firing (and filling a kiln that takes FOREVER) and THEN making the actual Vessels will be months and months down the road. Why is it that I continue to get myself involved with work that is so amazingly time intensive?! But then again, I suppose my passion for visual journaling, with immediate results, rather balances that out.

2 comments:

  1. I had one of those cupie dolls as a child, but it was much larger than the one you have.

    I often say I'm impatient and want to make something that is immediate. Then, like you, I work on something so labor intensive that I wonder where I got the patience. I can tell you really enjoy making these vessels, though, so keep coming up with ideas. I really love them all.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingrid, I LOVE the idea of incorporating these little dolls into your work!! it'll be wonderful..I KNOW!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate each and every comment I receive. I will always respond and answer questions if there is any way to get back to you. Even if your name is listed, often there is no email address attached. So, if I don't respond to your comment, it doesn't mean I don't care, I just can't find you!