Thursday, May 22, 2008

Secret Keepers

Welp... I'm on to another idea for my vessels. This morning I was messing around a bit and came up with this. Usually an item is first made and then a title is made according to. Instead this time, I have a title that really appeals to me and I made a piece to work with that. I think I am on to an interesting concept here. I will most definitely expand upon this idea. The inside of this piece holds tiny glass spheres, golden glass balls, stars, golden metal thread and charms including a lock and key. I might add some beading or additional embellishment where the chain and the piece meet, I'm still working on it. It's glass and wire wrapped on both sides, giving a rather interesting glimpse into your inner most secrets. SOOOO many possibilities!

Picture enlarges for more detail. This particular piece is 1 3/4" in diameter by 1/2 "thick, with a gunmetal finish. I think I'd like to try some smaller sizes as well.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love the name as well. Adds an even great appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very interesting. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate each and every comment I receive. I will always respond and answer questions if there is any way to get back to you. Even if your name is listed, often there is no email address attached. So, if I don't respond to your comment, it doesn't mean I don't care, I just can't find you!