paper and add my signature sticker/image. I almost always sew around the edges with a zigzag stitch to hold all the layers nicely together. The one shown above on the left has some glitter added around the edges with a gold edge. The other way I make ATCs is by making a large ATC. I can't work well in the small confines of a 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" area. I have a 6" X 8" sketch book with Bristol board pages so I make a large ATC of 5" X 7" and reduce the finished piece. I finish the same as described above. More of my ATCs can be seen on my web site, just follow the link - http://ingriddijkers.com/ArtistTradingCards.htmlThursday, February 05, 2009
Making ATCs
paper and add my signature sticker/image. I almost always sew around the edges with a zigzag stitch to hold all the layers nicely together. The one shown above on the left has some glitter added around the edges with a gold edge. The other way I make ATCs is by making a large ATC. I can't work well in the small confines of a 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" area. I have a 6" X 8" sketch book with Bristol board pages so I make a large ATC of 5" X 7" and reduce the finished piece. I finish the same as described above. More of my ATCs can be seen on my web site, just follow the link - http://ingriddijkers.com/ArtistTradingCards.html6 comments:
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate each and every comment I receive. I will always respond and answer questions if there is any way to get back to you. Even if your name is listed, often there is no email address attached. So, if I don't respond to your comment, it doesn't mean I don't care, I just can't find you!
I don't understand why they woul not be acceptable - I would gladly be a recipient of your journal page ATC's.
ReplyDeleteYour ATCs are unbelievably fabulous, Ingrid! I would love to be the proud owner of one...who's the foolish person(s) who said they were "unacceptable"? Pfft! Love em...ALL of them!
ReplyDeletePeace & Love,
~Barb~
Iloved making these, I've not made any in a while though and collage is my prefered method.
ReplyDeleteI love the texture on that small card!
I'm so glad you asked the difference between a digital and photocopied card. Now that we know you make hybrid art (a bit of digital/copier, a bit of embellishments) I would love to own one of your incredible ATCs.
ReplyDeleteIngrid, I would be absolutely thrilled to bits to get one of your "hybrid" cards in a swap (I absolutely adore your numbers swap cards and I have my fingers and toes crossed that one shows up in my returns).
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my blog - I'm glad you like my number entries too. Fun theme!
Cindy :)
I just discovered your blog and am enjoying everything I've looked at so far. Your ATCs are wonderful and I would love it if I ever got one in a swap. They are quite different from what I do and from most of the ones in my monthly swap group. I think they are unbelievably creative and I am glad you described how you create them.
ReplyDelete