Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winged with paradox


I will be participating in a Altered Book Round Robin. This is the the first spread which I have done in it. I am still working on the cover (which I have added a leather and snap closure to) and the sign in page. I found this old book on birds which I thought would make for a nice theme. The book however, was not in the greatest shape, so I decided to gut the book and rebind it with Bristol board pages. While the book makes it's rounds it will be in a bag including all the pages I removed and those can be used for collage fodder. The book had mostly black and white photos of birds which gives it a rather vintage feel. I'm still not very happy with my scanners scanning capabilities. I might try to photograph it tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks fabulous, Ingrid! And I'm excited to see the progress of the books in the Round Robin, too. So much goodness in each book...how fun! Oh, and I adore the Oscar Wilde quote, too.
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote and adore these elegant pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see the birds...this is going to make the rounds and come back to you as such a thrill and awesome finished piece
    you are going to share the end results!?
    yes
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:37 PM

    The round robin sounds exciting, and your book will end up being a treasure! Your start will be inspiring to those who work in it...

    I've mentioned & linked to your blog & beautiful journal pages on my blog, so I hope you will stop by...
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate each and every comment I receive. I will always respond and answer questions if there is any way to get back to you. Even if your name is listed, often there is no email address attached. So, if I don't respond to your comment, it doesn't mean I don't care, I just can't find you!