Friday, June 27, 2008

A few finished Elfins

These are the first Elfins I have made with birdcages. Have to admit I really like the birdcages. Unfortunately, I was only able to make 4 of them as that is all of the shallow metal tins I had. I will try to find something else that works but for now it looks like this is it for the birdcages. I have included a few close up shots of these figures so that you can see more of the detailing on them. These figures really have to be one of my favorite items to make for The Michigan Renaissance Festival. Not only are they so very appropriate they are just too much fun to make. So much goes into them and they are each so personal. I just love working with all the tiny accessories and building a story around each one of them. I am planning on phasing out the majority of my other dolls so that I can concentrate on the Elfins and the Vessels. My interest just isn't in all the other figures I have been making for so many years now, it's time to move on. Between the books and the Vessels I have been kept very busy and I have to start eliminating some of the other items I have been making in the past. There are only so many hours in the day. The Elfins stand about 14" tall. They are made of fired clay and the hair is Marabou feathers. The pants are made of leather and as seen the accessories vary widely. All the pictures enlarge when clicked so that you can get a better look at all the detailing. Opps, Just realized I didn't give them anklets! Elfins with bare feet get anklets with tiny dimes hanging on them. It wards off the evil eye ... that's very important, you know.

2 comments:

Tami said...

WOW, Ingrid-your Elfin friends are just amazing!! Love the trinkets they carry.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Ingrid these little Elfins are fabulous .... just love looking at all of your work .... Linda F

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...