Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Steampunk Princesses

Fortunately I found the necessary parts to make more of the birdcages as shown in a previous post. So, I have been busy making quite a few of the Elfins with birdcages in different colors. Now I am now on to something a bit different. Still working on the Elfins, but have given several of them dresses which I have never done before and painted the faces differently. I feel they have a real "Steampunk" quality to them, which I am rather pleased with. I realized that I have several large bins full (yes, ridiculous quantities) of antique lace and trims. I really should be using it. I also have hugh amounts of antique buttons and I won't even begin to mention the amount of beads I have. Another one of those things I sort of forgot I had. I want to start using this stuff as this is why I have it. These figures will be available at the Michigan Renaissance Festival this season. All photos enlarge to see more detail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ingrid, these Steam Punk Fairies are so perfect I could cry! Love the colors on their faces. So shabby sweet.

Dana

Joy Logan said...

OMG these dolls are beyond adorable! very time I see your dolls I can't believe my eyes. I wouldn't be able to make a decision anymore on which one I love most. Love the sassy hands on hips look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...