Sunday, February 08, 2009

Disintegration

"Create a paper bundle, any way you like. Place said bundle in nature. Post a "before" picture on your blog. Watch and Wait. It is that simple. Each artist will then reveal the result in an "after" picture posted on their own blog on May 1." As quoted from Seth Apter of The Altered Page. I have accepted the challenge and have chosen a large print edition of the novel "Random Winds". I have torn all the pages from the binding and wrapped the pages in black cotton warp thread (left over from my weaving days) and then wrapped it with wire. It has been hung from the large tree on my patio so that I can easily see and track it's disintegration.

7 comments:

Seth said...

Beautiful bundle Ingrid. So glad you are a part of this project!

Anonymous said...

Nice, Ingrid!! I can't wait to see these on May 1!

Barb Smith said...

I read Seth, too, and now you've taken up the challenge. I really guess I should accept the challenge and bundle my papers up, shouldn't I? Yours is cool...can't wait to see the disintegration.

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I finally tried my hand at adding a wire beaded edge to one of my journal pages (with your inspiration) and it's now my favorite ever. I linked to your blog on my post with it...I hope you'll take a look. http://craft-therapy.blogspot.com/2009/02/depression-birds.html

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Patti Sandham said...

Ingrid, I found your site though the disintegration project which I joined as well. Your bundle is cool, but I am totally loving your journal pages. I am big into journaling and am very inspired by your edge treaments. Way cool!

Joy Logan said...

Sounds fun hmmmmmm.

Elizabeth Golden said...

I am doing this also, the weather down here is always humid with the ocean breeze. The sun bleaches everything, so we will see.

Anonymous said...

I had read about that too.. now I must go wrap some pages.. I am thinking that I might include some thing that would rust.. Makes me almost want it to rain. but snow and freezing should prove to be interesting too. have you ever done some watercolor and put it out on a bitter cold day. to get the freeze reaction with the wet water color? Billie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...