Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fairy Release


I have spent months doing what seems like nothing but making fairies. A few breaks in between just to keep my sanity. Admittedly, the first thousand or so were lots of fun, but after making these for 17 years, the thrill has somewhat faded. For a few years I have been truly passionate about Art Journaling, but find there isn't enough time to pursue it as deeply as I'd like. I have too many other interests and something has to give. After much thought and trepidation (and slumping sales due to the economy)
I have decide to take a year off from the Renaissance Festival to regroup and decide what direction I want to take my work. The plan is to lease out my building for next year and in this time I will also decide if I want to sell the building and call it quits altogether. It's a very hard decision ... one I have been considering for quite some time. Until that time, I release these fairies into the world. These fairies are approximately 4.5" X 6.5". Photos enlarge to show detail.

4 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

they are adoRAble!

stregata said...

Wow, I can see how you might want to take a break from these after all that time (although I do think they are beautiful). I do admire your perseverance, though.

Dianne said...

I hope you will find the inspiration and focus that you are looking for...your gifts are incredible and I'm sure the festival will miss you, but you are sure to find other doors opening to you...

Julie Pishny said...

How fun are these little guys - well worth the effort - fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...