Sunday, October 11, 2009

"An Octopus's Garden"

I have spent the day making some additions to my Journal "An Octopus's Garden". It's a SteamPunk influenced Journal that I have been having a lot of fun with. I will be teaching several techniques from this journal at JournalFest which is coming up very quickly. More of this journal can be viewed on my website here.
Both the cover of this journal and this spread are not quite done yet. They still need several details. The Journal is 8" X 11 1/2", not including attachments. Photos enlarge to show detail.

10 comments:

Dawn said...

ingrid, thats great!!

I have a journal entry I labeled "An Octopus's Garden" :)

Halle said...

I love it!! Steampunk is awesome. I wish that lottery ticket had paid off...I'd come join your class at journal fest. :)

stregata said...

This journal is awesome - absolutely! Love all those metal embellishments!

Sue said...

What a fabulous journal, I love all the attachments. You have inspired me!

Julie Pishny said...

Ingrid, this journal will be a hit at journalfest - I can't wait to see the finished product. Have fun with your class will they ever be wow'd by your creation. - xo Julie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely stunning. I had never heard of Steampunk until I saw the word on your blog. Now it's a favorite look of mine. Great, great job. I'm simply drooling!

Sarah Anderson said...

I LOVE steampunk; would love to hold this journal, it looks like it would feel amazing. Great images in it too

Shelley Malone said...

This journal is just getting better and better! I'm sure I speak for all of us who aren't able to go to JournalFest: thanks so much for sharing glimpses of it! It's hugely inspiring!

Hollie said...

Ingrid, are those watches real? Fantastic journal!

Mixed Media Martyr said...

Ingrid, this is incredible! I love Steampunk!! Love the page with the gauges wired across the opening, really effective!!! Leanne.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...