Thursday, December 17, 2009

"De Humani Corporis Fabrica"

This is my favorite part of any project, the "Hunting and Gathering" phase. At this point so many things change depending on the availability of items, ease of construction and if it will really turn out anything like I had originally envisioned. Almost always the end result is nothing as I had planned in the beginning and that's OK ... makes it somewhat of an adventure. This journal is tentatively titled "De Humani Corporis Fabrica" ... a delightfully creepy exploration of vintage anatomical drawings. I plan to submit this journal for class proposals for next year. I have to admit I am pretty excited to get started on this. More photos to follow as it progresses.

5 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Oooo, looking forward to seeing how this turns out Ingrid!

Brian K said...

An ONLINE class???? That would be fun!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks really interesting and intriguing. I agree that the hunting and gathering stage of a project can be very enjoyable, especially if it is a long term project. Can't wait to see the next installation.

stregata said...

Sounds and looks fascinating already!

Unknown said...

I would love to see more of your process photos. The end results are always so ingenious - I'd love to see how you put things together. And I agree with BrianK - an online class would be great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...