Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"The Twirly Swirly Journals" A sneak peek at a new Workshop

Here is a little sneak peek of what I am working on, "The Twirly Swirly Journals" and the Workshop to make them.
As the name implies, these journals are full of just about anything you can imagine that swirls and twirls. Elegant, a little bit girly, but above all, unusual and slightly quirky, this series of Journals will get your head spinning with more and more ideas of how you can add a new dimension to your journaling. We’ll start with a basic pre-made hard bound book construction, collage the cover, sew in the pages with a simple binding method, work with lots of fun twirls and swirls by adding fold out pages, quotes, text and other fun oddities using provided collage sheets. I’ll be bringing lots of swirly rubber stamps, templates and stencils to work with and to top it all off we’ll add a plethora of beads, trinkets and baubles that dangle from the spine to finish off this delightful journal. Already scheduled ... teaching this workshop in May 2011 at Whispering Woodlands in beautiful Verona, Wisconsin! Hope you’ll join us!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Ingrid, this is incredible...I love it...so different and unique....I sure wish I was close enough to take your class....

A'n'G Johnson said...

oooo. your blog is always so inspirational and talented. And a swirly page... I have a feeling I'm going to be trying my hand at that soon! Thanks for the idea

Barb Smith said...

Wowww! These are so gorgeous and totally unlike anything there is out there right now. I love seeing everything you come up with...you inspire me like no one else.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous new class and Journal!! It will be a terrific experience I am sure!!!!Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jeanne Nelson said...

More stunningly incredible spreads. Your art journals are amazing, Ingrid!!! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Megan Warren said...

This is a wonderful journal - wish I lived closer or you did online classes!

Nicole Austin said...

i love it! looks like so much fun.

cookievf said...

i would just LOVE to take one of your workshops, but that is easier said than done :C

Is an online workshop something you would consider?? That would be wonderful!!!!!

- vicki xo

Sheila said...

Awesome.. I love this. Truly original :o)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pages, please tell me you will make this an online class for those of us that are in the UK

Rosie said...

Another plea for an online class - I do so love your work!

Rosie said...

Another plea for an online class - I do so love your work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...