Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Remember Beanie Babies?

Remember the craze .... people paying rediculous amounts of money for them on EBay? Bet you can get the same ones on EBay for about $1.99 now ... or 10 cents at a garage sale. With having 2 kids in the house at that time we of course had millions of them (although we never paid more than retail).
Now that the kids are somewhat grown (27 and 16), they don't have much interest in them anymore. It's time to get rid of them and the "Beanie Baby Ark" I made years ago to keep them neatly contained (besides, I want to convert this room to an office for me). I thought it would be fun to at least have a few photos of it. The size is 48" wide, 50" tall, 6" deep and is constructed of 1/4" plywood.

3 comments:

Erin Winslow aka Itsbugart said...

That ark is so CUTE!!! I hope you sell it and don't just pitch it in the trash.

Terri Kahrs said...

That ark is adorable, Ingrid! I'm sure another child would LOVE it!!! Have fun putting your office together. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Crafty Kate said...

I remember reading of beanies' success in "the economist" magazine over decade ago when I was at University. But we did not have them here in Russia - that time global trends did not spread as fast as they do now. Lovely arc! Idea is so great - keeping kids' room organized is such a challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...