Saturday, February 11, 2012

File folder journal

I have bound this journal with a good quality waxed linen (as opposed to some cheap stuff I originally used and found to yield disastrous results). I attached beads and a few charms.I have to admit I am not terribly pleased with the direction the pages of this journal has taken. I feel it's very rigid and way too linear in design. I just can't seem to break free and I'm really in a rut with it. Even though it makes me crazy to set this journal aside before completing it, I think it's the best thing to do.
So, for now this is as far as this journal is going and I'm sharing a few photos of the exterior, which I am rather happy with. The cover of this journal is made from an old stock metal tabbed file folder and measures 7 1/2" X 9 1/2".

4 comments:

Allie Cromer said...

How is that a rut? It looks amazing!

Allie Cromer said...

How is that a rut? It looks amazing!

Tessa said...

Oh wow... looks stunning again!!
Love the beads with little embellishments!

xx Tessa

Rosie said...

The covers are beautiful, and if you don't like the way the interior is going then change it! Or make a page about why you don't like it? In the end its OK to set it aside - for a short or long time, whatever. It happens to us all and there aren't any rules!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...