Sunday, July 27, 2014

Reconstructed Thrift Store Finds



I've been having a lot of fun reconstructing clothing out of thrifty store finds lately. I get a great deal of satisfaction from this.  This particular tunic is made from a linen jumper (below) that I found for $2.99 and a full length black linen skirt for 99 cents.  


Basically, I cut the extra length off the jumper, added that to the sides and made a large border of black linen on the sides and bottom.  I changed the buttons on the front to little black buttons and took the back ties and moved them to the sides.


And presto!  A funky tunic that I'll have fun wearing over leggings.  I have seen something similar on-line for $295 ... I reconstructed this in an evening for under $4.



9 comments:

Creative Soul Juice - Hobby Parent said...

Thanks for blogging this. I enjoyed your tshirt reconstructions too. I'm looking for ideas for tunics to wear with leggings and my Dansko clogs - my artsy fashion look. Love the idea of reconstructing good quality clothing I find at resale and thrifts. Keep the ideas flowing. Hope to see you in VA Beach. ~ Hobby

Lolly said...

I LOVE this! You are so talented!

Jane Wetzel said...

Amazing- tyou for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! Thank you for the inspirations you offer.

JackieP Neal said...

You are amazing Ingrid!! I wish I could do stuff like that! I see the most beautiful pieces at thrifts that I know you could make into irresistible finds!

Carol Q said...

love the shape Ingrid - really different and it will be fab with leggings.

Ricë said...

Love it! Great job. Now I wish we could sit and stitch together!

anna maria said...

Great job and very creative! I like it a lot.

bohemiannie! art said...

Hi Ingrid! Long time, no see. I've been playing with re-fashioning lately and have found out…all of a sudden…why people love Pinterest so much. I came across this re-do of yours on Pinterest and thought…"Hey, I 'know' her"! Love that you're doing this and showing us the fabulous results. Hope all is wonderful in your world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...