Monday, July 09, 2007

Babies in my Ginkgo tree

I just love my prize Ginkgo tree. I have nursed this tree from a sapling and it is now about 12 feet tall and filling out beautifully. When we move I will insist that it be dug up and move with us. I have noticed a lot of activity in the tree recently and it turns out a Robin has decided to make her nest in this tree. I feel honored. The nest is about 6 feet up in the tree and I can see it quite well from the from the front room window. It's at the perfect height for viewing. There are 4 babies in the nest and I look forward to seeing them grow up. I have heard that Robins will continue to return to the same nest. I wonder if that is true. I will make sure this nest stays in tack just in case.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:17 PM

    How lovely! I had similar birdnest finding next to summercottage. There is picture in my blog if you want to see it. Unfourtunatelly my blog is in finnish...

    http://www.millam.vuodatus.net/blog/category/Onni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate each and every comment I receive. I will always respond and answer questions if there is any way to get back to you. Even if your name is listed, often there is no email address attached. So, if I don't respond to your comment, it doesn't mean I don't care, I just can't find you!