Saturday, November 10, 2007

Everything from an egg

Opened up the kiln early this morn- ing, so excited to get out all the new "parts" I have been working on. This is the first of the "Vessels for the Journey" pieces I made. Had a heck of a time getting the perfect shade of Robin egg blue. Fortunately, I have a robin egg I found over the summer that I had saved especially for this project to match the color. Was very helpful as an aid for color matching. This is merely the egg without any of the added bling. I just love the simplicity of it. I will of course make a more elaborate version with additional dangley charms and beads. In the glass encased back of the egg I added the quote "Ex ovo omnia" by William Harvey. Translated from Latin "Everything from an egg". I also fired many parts for other shapes, including a moon, heart, Venus of Willendorf, adult face, and an infant face. I have ideas for many other shapes, but this is what I am starting with. Has taken a VERY long time to get this project to this point. I can't wait to get to work on the rest of them. The size of the egg is 1 1/8" X 1 3/4" and almost 1/2" deep.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece! It looks so much like a real egg....and the back (or is it the front) is fabuous. I can't wait to see more and hope they will be offered on your web site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingrid, these vessel pieces are just amazing! I love all of them and I look forward to see how you further develop the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Totally Fabulous, Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate each and every comment I receive. I will always respond and answer questions if there is any way to get back to you. Even if your name is listed, often there is no email address attached. So, if I don't respond to your comment, it doesn't mean I don't care, I just can't find you!