Sunday, August 06, 2006

New Directions in Altered Books


Received my complimentary copy of "New Directions in Altered Books" by Gabe Cyr (published by Lark Books) yesterday. I have been waiting with baited breath for almost a year and a half to see this book! And what a wonderful book it is! Two photos of my book "Flight" have been included in this book and can be found on the Table of Contents page. The book "Flight" is VERY difficult to photograph, but I think they did a great job. "New Directions in Altered Books" is an incredible book. Not your typical "How to" book, there are plenty of those on the market. Gabe Cyr has adopted a "what if ?" approach to writing this book and it is truly refreshing. I am so happy to have been considered for publication in this wonderful book. I highly recommend it .... even if my work wasn't in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting to be published, congratulations.
I agree with you on this being a wonderful book! Very inspirational. Especially the picutures on page 5. I really love how you turned the book into a sculpture and added so many elements to the original book.

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Thanks for your kind words. It really is exciting to have some of my work published!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...