Saturday, March 03, 2007

Fit for a Queen

One last thing before I get REALLY serious about working on my new collage figures. Just HAD to make a Crown. I'd love to make a tiara also, but I only have time for one, and with all the very formal functions that I attend I figured a crown would be more practical and I would get
the most wear out of it. The more I work with the glass and the solder, the more comfortable I am becoming with it. After making the Glass Collage House, I felt I would never make another 3 dimensional piece. This crown was so much easier. I'm not sure if it's the construction method or more experience that made it go so much better. I am really looking forward to adding soldered pieces to my collage figures now and have much more confidence to do so.

4 comments:

Gisele said...

Wow Igrid....you certainly have been having fun with your soldering iron.... Love love love your charms, house and crown!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never seen anything like that - it's really gorgeous and fun. Great work.

Lindart said...

I LOVE your crown, Ingrid, and you certainly deserve to wear it!! I also love what you've been doing with your soldering, expecially the scarecrow one with the Wizard of Oz charms hanging down. Wonderful! You make what everyone else is making spectacular!
Lindart

Tejae: Heart Shaped Art said...

the crown is amazing!! SOOO coool. I'd love to touch it. Pick it up and look at it. You so inspire me to pick up the soldering iron again!! Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...