This is one of those many projects that I started and never finished. I don't remember why, perhaps it wasn't going quite as planned, something else came up or I just plainly lost interest. I have more of these type projects laying around than I care to admit to.
I do recall that the inspiration for this journal was a piece of wine colored acetate that I somehow acquired. This became the insert for a window (on the front cover) that I cut out of wood, routered the edges and added cross bars (made of bamboo skewers). On the front and back cover I had already punched holes for a Zutter wire binding when I was originally working on it. I had also started a few pages, but that's about as far as it got. This journal is 5" wide X 11" tall.