Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just experimenting ...

I've just been spending a bit of time messing around in my tall journal (7" X 14"). I am really enjoying it's "tallness". The pages are of course made of the usual boxboard that I have become so fond of, so it stands very nicely.
I am also experimenting a lot with silhouette stencils and stamps that I have been making. This journal is still in the early stages and you can see more it it here. I continue to be greatly influenced after having seen the documentary "Exit Through the Gift Shop". I have just learned that there are apparently a few Banksy works in downtown Detroit. That I will have to check into.
These are a few pages I have just begun, not sure what direction they will end of taking yet, but thought I would share them anyways.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you get these tall journals? I am in the US, right this second can't recall where you are! Ugh forgetting is awful LOL!
Thank you
Susan

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Well, Susan, I actually made this tall journal. The pages are made of boxboard and the covers are made from 1/4" Plywood backed with illustration board. Makes for a very sturdy journal ... just how I like them!

Anonymous said...

keep up the great work , I read few posts on this website and I believe that your website is really interesting and holds circles of excellent info .
some really great info , Gladiolus I observed this.

Seth said...

I really like the non-traditional dimensions of this journal.

Janine said...

Beautiful work and your handwriting is perfect, I envy you that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...