Thursday, January 16, 2014

A few journal pages ...


I'm still playing catch up from a very busy year of workshops.  It was great, but so many things ended up on the back burner.  I am desperately trying to take care of that all now, plus finalize some plans for 2014 workshops.  Non-the-less, I still manage to squeeze in some journaling time.


 Sometimes I enjoy just revamping old pages that just aren't to my liking.


Other times I sit down and work on pages I started and never quite got around to finishing ages ago.



And then sometimes I just want to prep pages for future journal entries.  It also gives me the opportunity to work with and refine a technique, such as the "beading" you see below.


Not all pages are to my liking, but they are included anyways.


These pages were all done in my File Folder Journals (#4 and #5) .... my favorite journals to work in lately and as a result, the journals are rapidly filling up. Playing around and doing a bit of experimenting always leads to new ideas and soon I shall start constructing a new journal (and perhaps a new workshop as well!) to work in.  I love the hunting and gathering process for the construction of a new journal and hope to have photos to share soon.

8 comments:

Kate Burroughs said...

Thank you so much for posting all these journal pages. I want to try your "beaded" edge, looks like fun!
Aloha, Kate

Joanne Huffman said...

Looking forward to more journal entries from you. Your journal pages are always motivating for me. I'm planning on working on journals I during the next few weeks.

lizzie said...

so inspiring!

Nina Fenner said...

Absolutely love all your journal pages, and would love to come on a workshop one day, but that's unlikely as I live in England. I teach book binding workshops over here, and I aspire to teach journalling workshops that look as beautiful as yours. Last year I was feeling envious of your workshops, I now feel inspired, I must be making progress!

Nina Fenner said...

Absolutely love all your journal pages, and would love to come on a workshop one day, but that's unlikely as I live in England. I teach book binding workshops over here, and I aspire to teach journalling workshops that look as beautiful as yours. Last year I was feeling envious of your workshops, I now feel inspired, I must be making progress!

Margik said...

Fantastic your journal pages. I admire your creativity.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Love all these pages - my fav is the beading technique

Trish said...

These pages are gorgeous! To keep washi tapes from coming off, cover them with gel medium. Hope this helps. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...