Monday, January 27, 2014

Failed Wormholes


I have never been much of a joiner.  I tend to follow my own path.  However, I have been very intrigued with the new "Artstronauts Club" hosted by Tracy and Teesha Moore and have decided to join.  Among all the fabulous material available, there is an instructional video on making "wormholes".  After 4 failed attempts, I gave into the fact that I can not do it.  Each time they come out looking more like a messy version of bad dreadlocks.


Rather then continue to fight my inability to make nice looking wormholes, I have owned up to the fact that I am better off drawing dreadlocks. I can live with that.


This is the first spread I have done in a brand new journal tentatively titled "Bohemian Rhapsody".  The Journal is 8" X 10" and is made in an old, discarded hard bound book that has been deconstructed and rebound with new pages.

5 comments:

Valérie GUEGUIN said...

Vraiment magnifique!

kitty said...

kitty said...

I'm an ARTSTRONAUTS CLUB member, too, and loving every minute of it!! I was happy with my first attempts at 'wormholes', however I came away with a massive headache!! D'OH!! (I find I do mine a bit differently than Teesha. I pick my pen up after each swoop and start again from same side...instead of back'n'forth.....I seem to have more control. AND I rotate the paper from time-to-time. Maybe you could try it that way!) I'm a huge fan of your work and have been for years!!

teri flemal said...

Well I don't know about the wormholes, but I love that face!

Joyfulploys said...

I tried the wormholes without success...or mine didn't look anything like Teesha's :) I'm going to try again and see what happens. I love this spread and look forward to see more in your new journal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...