Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Once imagined from afar"

I am experimenting with a different idea. The mermaid pendants just aren't going to cut it. Instead I will focus on "Journey Necklaces". They will be an elaboration of the belts that my Elfins wear. And even though they will be worn around the neck, I don't really consider it jewelry. Don't claim to be a jeweler. They will be wearable mixed media collages. This is the first prototype and while this is very simplistic in comparison to what I have in mind, I think this will be a good item that I truly enjoy making. These will be a more specialized type of piece that will have a lot more substance and lend itself well to the development of new ideas. Not including the chain that the piece is hanging from, it is 5 1/2" X 2" wide.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Dear: if your prototype is already só good, I am curious how the definite ones will be! And your mermaid pendants ... just lovely!!! How was the Festival? Opening was 18th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ingrid - this is divine. I WANT ONE!!!!!

    ;-)

    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is stunning also ... wonderful stuff ..... Linda F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:07 AM

    I like themall. Curious as to why the mermaid pendants didn't cut it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate each and every comment I receive. I will always respond and answer questions if there is any way to get back to you. Even if your name is listed, often there is no email address attached. So, if I don't respond to your comment, it doesn't mean I don't care, I just can't find you!