Sunday, August 10, 2008

A successful firing of doll parts

About 2 months ago I fired several doll parts in my small kiln which just never came up to the proper temperature, so the parts were unusable. Finally I have gotten around to pouring more parts and have filled up the big kiln for a successful firing. This is the first piece I have made using the doll parts and I am pretty excited about it. There are several different types of little dolls and 2 different styles of mermaids. I just can't wait to start on those. My sister has sent me wonderful sea glass from the
Australian coast to work in with the mermaids and today I went out and bought fresh water pearls to match the sea glass. Just can't wait to get started on those! I am hoping I can have a few ready to bring out to the opening weekend of Festival ... which is this coming weekend. The doll only (not including "Wings") is 1/2" X 1 3/4".

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Oh, Ingrid how exciting: it's almost the weekend of th 16th Aug.!!! I wish you a lovely time. I hope there will be a lot of enthousiastic people visiting your space and I hope you sell a lot of your lovely artpieces. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely adorable!
    reminds me of a mer-baby
    (mermaid baby)
    i love love love your blog
    i have been here before but somehow have forgotten to recheck again
    but i won't the next time!
    you are incredible with the artwork and ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate each and every comment I receive. I will always respond and answer questions if there is any way to get back to you. Even if your name is listed, often there is no email address attached. So, if I don't respond to your comment, it doesn't mean I don't care, I just can't find you!